Monday, June 17, 2013

She didn't think I was terrible!

I promise, I am not one of those writers that blasts my social networks every time I get a good review. However, when someone who has high standards likes me, I am going to tell you about that.

Louise Wise has a different approach from many reviewers: she will evaluate the blurb, then read the excerpt. If she enjoys the excerpt, she will buy the book. (At this point, congratulations to the author because you've made it past 2 out of 5.) From there, she'll give anywhere from 3 to 5.

Although the rule seems to be don't get excited unless you have 5 stars on Amazon, I'm tickled to have gotten 4 from Louise. As a longtime reviewer myself, I appreciate reviews that fully explain their reasoning for whatever rank they give. And while it makes me cringe to see a typo pointed out (yes, I constantly hit my head when it happens on social media too), I'm equally if not more so delighted that, despite the errors, she still wanted to read the book and enjoyed it.

Here is the review. I will be floating for the rest of the day if anyone needs me.




No comments:

Post a Comment